Recently in the UK it was pancake day and we decided to try out a new pancake recipe to celebrate. This is a recipe for vanilla protein pancakes was an instant hit and something we know we will make again and again. These pancakes can be eaten for breakfast, as a dessert or after a workout, they are delicious any time of the day!
Recipe for Vanilla Protein Pancakes
Protein pancakes are something we have seen across the internet on social media, we spotted some great photos on instagram but we had never got around to making our own until this week. We were concerned they would be too powdery with the extra protein but Arbonne's vanilla protein powder (which is what we used) gives an extra sweetness to the mixture. Ours were also nice and fluffy, we made them fairly thick but of course you could make thinner pancakes and have more!
We took inspiration from the Bodycoach's recipe for his Winners Protein Pancakes to make our own. Adding protein powder into the pancake mixture makes them a great post-workout snack and they are quite filling too.
- 2 Scoops Vanilla Protein powder
- 50g Oats
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Bananas
- Dash of Almond Milk as required
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- Recipe makes 6 thick pancakes to serve 2 people.
- Mix all the ingredients apart from the coconut oil in a blender. Check the consistency and if it is still powdery and thick add in almond milk to make it more of a liquid mixture. Whisk the pancakes for 30 seconds to provide extra 'fluffiness'.
- Heat half the coconut oil in a frying pan on a medium heat.
- Add 3 big spoonfuls of pancake mixture to the pan, keeping them separated.
- Heat for a minute and then flip, cook for another minute and serve
- Use the rest of the coconut oil to make a further 3 pancakes
Top It Off
To serve you can add your favourite toppings to make them as delicious as you like. We used whatever we had in the kitchen as this was a spontaneous pancake making night. We added hazelnuts, peanut butter, raisins and golden syrup to one of our pancakes and the next we added greek yoghurt, golden syrup and raisins. We think blueberries and other berries such as raspberries would go really well along with honey or chocolate sauce if you really want to indulge!
If you make these protein pancakes tag us on Instagram @voltagesport and use #voltagesport - We would love to see your recreations!
Have you made protein pancakes before? What are your favourite pancake toppings? Comment below, we'd love to hear from you!