The Super Bowl is almost here, which means it’s party time! Whether you’re having a few friends around to watch the game or even just watching by yourself it’s always nice to enjoy some good food and perhaps a few beers too! Today we’re sharing with you two of our favourite recipes you can make on Super Bowl Sunday. The first is our Shredded Mexican Chicken, you can make this in your slow-cooker which gives you time to watch all the build-up to the game. The second is our Cheesy Dippy Bread Bowl which will be a hit with the cheese lovers at your party!
Shredded Mexican Chicken
The Shredded Mexican Chicken recipe is made in the slow-cooker over about 7 hours. Pop-all the ingredients in 7 hours before party time, with an hour to go shred the chicken and take the lid off to allow it to thicken. It’s great served with rice as a full meal or turn it into a dip by adding some yoghurt. Whichever you chose your friends are gonna love it!
4 Chicken Breast
400g Black Beans
400g Tinned Tomatoes
2 tsp Garlic Powder
2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker, leave on low for 7 hours.
- After 6 hours, shred the chicken using 2 forks. Remove lid and cook for a further 1 hour.
Cheesy Dippy Bread Bowl
The Cheesy Dippy Bread Bowl is one which will impress! It takes an hour to cook so pop it in the oven an hour before kickoff to be ready for the game. You hollow out a sourdough loaf and can use the leftover bread (plus some tortilla chips) to dip into the cheesy goodness!
1 Sourdough Loaf
150ml Sour Cream
180g Cream Cheese
180g grated Cheddar Cheese
1.5 tsp Worcester Sauce
Pepper to Season
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees
- Heat oil in a frying pan, add chorizo and onion. Cook for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl mix sour cream, cream cheese, cheddar cheese and Worcester Sauce then add the cooked chorizo and onion. Season with pepper.
- Hollow out the centre of the sourdough loaf so you’re left with a shell of bread. Reserve removed bread for dipping.
- Add the cheesy filling to the loaf, wrap in tin foil and place on baking tray. Bake in oven for 1 hour.
Other great ideas for party food ideas are our guacamole recipe or you can never go wrong with pizza and beer!
Whoever you are cheering for on Super Bowl Sunday, remember it’s all about having a good time, enjoying the game and perhaps even a little dance for the half-time show!
When you make either of the recipes for your Super Bowl party tag us on Instagram @voltagesport and use #voltagesport – We can’t wait to see photos of you and your friends enjoying the food and having a good time watching the game!